Tuesday, July 26, 2005
See this release from Lexis on setting up your Custom ID/Password:
LexisNexis understands the responsibilities associated with safeguarding personal information about consumers and is implementing a customer security program for all customers. As part of these efforts, all law school students and faculty are now required to register their 7-digit lexis.com IDs, and create custom IDs and passwords that will be used to access the LexisNexis services. We hope these tips will help expedite your registration process.
How do I use my 7-digit ID to create my Custom ID and password?
Simply follow the short registration process:
- Go to http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/
- Click on the Update Your ID Registration link
- On the next screen, scroll down to Returning law school students/faculty/staff members.
- Click on either Student or Faculty/Staff Button.
- Enter your LexisNexis 7-Digit ID.
NOTE: Your 7-character ID does not contain lowercase l.s or capital O.s. Please use the numbers 1 and 0 instead.
- Click the NEXT button.
- On the next page you will fill in a registration form, create a Custom ID and Password and choose a Security Question.
Are there any special guidelines I should keep in mind when selecting my Custom ID?
Some helpful guidelines to remember when creating your Custom ID are:
- The Custom ID must consist of 8 to 25 characters, with at least one letter (a, b, c , etc .,) in it.
- The password must contain 6 to 50 characters. Only these four special characters: @ (at sign), _ (underscore), . (period) or - (hyphen) are permitted; do not use spaces.
- The Custom ID and Password must be unique from other LexisNexis servicesÂ custom IDs or LexisNexis-assigned IDs.
- Do not use LexisNexis product names (Lexis, Nexis, etc .,) or offensive language as a Custom ID.
- Your name (first, last, or first-and-last) cannot be used alone as a Custom ID. (Suggestion: You can use your first initial and last name as a password, e.g., mjohnson .)