Friday, April 07, 2006
Westlaw Graphical Statutes
Westlaw now features an easy-to-read display of a statute's history that will help researchers, including law students, more easily see a statutes past, present and proposed changes.
The Graphical Statutes display shows:
- prior, current and future versions of statutes
- links to enacting and amending public laws
- relevant legislative history materials, such as bill drafts, reports, journals and the Congressional Record
- cases that negatively affect a statute
- legislation that has been enacted but not yet codified
- future text of a statute not yet in effect
Graphical Statutes is available for the United States Code Annotated® and selected state jurisdictions.
With RegulationsPlus, Westlaw customers can search all sections of the Code of Federal Regulations®, as well as past versions, amendments, pending changes and citing court documents. In addition, RegulationsPlus features Thomson West's exclusive editorially created federal case law summaries, historical Federal Register® content, agency publications and other related analyses.
Just use the regular CFR database and links to the RegulationsPlus features appear in the right hand window.
Susan's Note: Above adapted from Westlaw promotional material but I did go check these new features and they are pretty interesting (especially, the RegulationsPlus feature).
Source: Mark Jackson, Westlaw Representative